Sunday, January 19, 2014

Back to class!

After nearly 5 weeks at home it's pretty hard to get back into the mode of schoolwork again. It's even harder since we went to class for only 3 days and now have a 3 day weekend! Nonetheless...

Since I am set to finish the program in just two semesters each semester I've felt the pressure to choose my classes wisely. No time for redo's. Luckily, Penn opens up the first few weeks of each semester to "shop around", allowing students to sit in on classes without being registered for them. I haven't quite picked my 5th class for the semester but here are the others I am taking:

Policy Planning in International Education Development- Dr. Michelle Neuman
Curriculum and Pedagogy in International Contexts- Dr. Ameena Ghaffar-Kuchar
Introduction to Educational Statistics- Dr. Timothy Victor
Proseminar/Fieldwork in International Educational Development- Dr. Wagnar and Dr. Ghaffar-Kuchar

Last semester I took several classes outside of GSE and my classes seemed to focus more on development than education but this semester I'm really looking forward to taking classes within GSE and gaining some skills specifically to use within an educational context. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment