Friday, October 25, 2013

Choosing Classes

Wow, it is already that time of the semester to be thinking about and picking courses for the Spring! I feel like I just started this semester though :) Penn has an early registration period which begins a few months before the Fall and Spring semesters. This gives students the option to request early if there are classes they really want to take and those courses could fill up. One great thing about Penn though is that the first 3-4wks of the semester students can go and sit in on classes without being enrolled in them. This gives them the opportunity to "shop around" and see which courses and teachers they really want to take. This semester I actually changed one of my courses because after being in it for a few weeks I realized it wasn't what I was looking for. I had the freedom to drop it and pick up another class without any penalty. I'm really excited about a couple courses that are offered next semester so I'll use the "shopping" period again to check them all out and find out which one is the best for me. Too many great classes.. not enough time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment