Thursday, May 15, 2014

Housing and Final Goodbye

Several people have been asking me how to go about finding housing for the fall. There is on-campus housing available for graduate students in Sansom Place. These are furnished with the basics and are a bit dorm-like but a lot of people like the fact that it is close to their classes and provides some extra security than if you were living in your own place.

 


For those wanting to live off-campus there are plenty of options available within walking distance to GSE. Penn security patrols the area several blocks from campus, which is an added bonus I think. If you are looking for a place you might start by checking out GSE accepted students facebook page. A lot of people are advertising that they are looking for roommates right now. Also check out Penn's housing website here. This is a great place to find available listings.

There are plenty of real estate companies here and you could also do a google search for those in Philly and check out the real estate company's website.

A final option is to apply to be a GA in one of the college houses (this is like the graduate version of resident assistant) and comes with free housing and meal plan. You can find out information about being a GA here




A final note: This will be my last blog post :(  I will be graduating on Saturday!!! After that I'll be heading to Nigeria to complete an internship with UNICEF as the final component of my program. I have enjoyed meeting and interacting with many of you through our various admissions events this year. Thanks for reading my blog and I wish you the best of luck at Penn or wherever you choose to go in the future. Have a great summer everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment